Clyne Chapel was built in 1907 by Graham Vivian, who owned the nearby Clyne Castle and Estate, as the private chapel for his family. Although Vivian specified that the chapel should have no stained glass windows to distract from the beauty of its surroundings, there are within it a range of notable artefacts that he collected on his tours to Italy, including the marble altar, a stone relief of the Transfiguration, and the imposing 17th century hardwood pulpit.
The exterior and interior of the chapel was extensively refurbished during 2019 to include a parking area, a new lighting and sound system, and renovation and relocation of the 1976 reconstructed original 1911 Kirkland organ by W & A Boggis of Diss, Norfolk. The Chapel seats about 120 people on recently purchased comfortable modern chairs.
Clyne Chapel is a Grade II listed building. Tucked into a hollow at the entrance to Clyne Gardens, it is greatly enhanced by the peace and splendour of its location, and is a valued place for quiet reflection, prayer, and meditation.
A War Memorial to members of the village of Blackpill who lost their lives in the two World Wars stands in the grounds.
There is also a Garden of Remembrance, where ashes are interred. This garden was extended in 2018.
The Church of the Holy Cross was opened on Holy Cross Day (September 14th), 1956. It was named after West Cross, the expanding population of which it was built to serve in the years following World War II. Constructed in a modern style, Holy Cross captures the atmosphere of its area. It seats about 150 people and is a flexible space for different types of worship.
Holy Cross is a vibrant building with a striking sanctuary which includes domed windows in the ceiling to let in natural light. On its east wall is a magnificent Majestas (statue of Christ in majesty), flanked by two angels and six stars.
The Chapel of St Faith is situated through the doors to the left of the sanctuary. The Parish Hall adjoins the church on its north wall.